Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2018

✃Ako Production & !

IALT: reflect about what we did so far for Ako Production. 
Today's blog is about.....
✃Ako Production!
Image result for different culture groupSo for the past few weeks we have been working on our Ako Production. For our Ako Production we have to perform in our Ako Evening which all families comes. So each of our Culture group talks about a natural that happens or hit the Island. We have our own different types of culture group in the pacific islands which are Fijian, Samoan,Niue,Cook Island,Tonga & New Zealand. My Culture group is Fijian and I found it challenging because we have to perform to our audience first. 

Our Story is about - The Turtles on Namuana- 
Image result for Fijian flagMy part in my group is the 2, Narrator and The chief(Jone), As a chief I have to dress up as a boy and I found it challenging to be the chief because I need to learn to speak as a man or a boy, for me that is a challenge. I also had another challenge which is learning the Fijian dance, it's kind of easy because the girls sat down and the boys kneel down. Our Fijian song for the dance is Meda butu and if you wanna listen (CLICK HERE).
 As a group member I have to come to school everyday so I won't miss out anything and the happenings that's going on at school. So in my group I have - Leilani,Amon,Coralee, Hevani,Fe'ao and me.

In our groups we have to also think about what our props and our culture dance but it has to reflect in our own culture groups. So for our props what we need is a turtle back,canoe, water which is the ocean/sea and the shark tale for the god of the sea which is Dakuwaqa.  It is very hard to make our own canoe and to think of one but Luckily Mrs. Komor had an Idea and what she did was.... She use a big piece of paper then she painted it brown and she made the shape like a canoe, then she needed help from us and I was there. Mrs. Komor made 7 canoe and Mrs. needed some helper which is about 5 people.
Image result for roleplay
 For our Turtle back that was for Coralee and Hevani's part, so I didn't have to help them but I still did only the colouring part. Hevani had another helper which is Amon and for Coralee's turtle back she had another helper which is me and Star. The Turtle back turned out pretty good. 

For the shark tale it was easy and Star did it herself but Leilani did the drawing. It also turned out pretty good. For our costumes we just needed black T-shirts, lava lava, blue dress and the flower necklace & white T-shirt. Our class already had some extra Lava Lava and a blue dress also some flower necklaces. When we finish with our props we had to learn our part and the dance. We had to present our in culture roleplay in room 10 and we had to find our own space to perform which is challenging because we had to find out. Anyways Mrs. Komor and Mrs. Aireen already find our spaces for our culture role plays. 

Now we had to put things to room 9 so our props and costumes could fit. We all helped each other to put things in room 9 and room 9 is smaller than room 10 but Mrs. Komor organised for us so all of room 10's things went to room 9 and it fit. When things was done we finally get to rest and...

 Now we had to get ready for our Ako Evening which is to be continued(next blog)......

So how's my blog posts?
If you have any questions pls comment down below.
Enjoy and many thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Akih,
    Your blog post is very enjoyable, it's interesting and is also detailed because you have describe nearly everything you did before the performances and what you used for props,the thing I find interesting about this is that you seem like you really thought about what you were writing and saying thats why its also so detailed. I did notice something and it is that at certain parts you weren't making sense and at the top you forgot to put disasters. But I can't wait for the next blog post. KEEP IT UP AKIH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello akih! I loved reading your blog, and how your images matches your blog post instead of adding a random thing like a cat, which isn't part of your blog. The other thing I liked was how you explained what challenged you and what you and your group had to go through to make your costumes, and to set up your class. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Akih ,
    I really enjoyed reading it , it was very interesting but make sure you re-read it because your you WALT doesn't make sense ,but I really like how you put your paragraphs up to a Year 7 Standard ! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !

    ReplyDelete